Q4IT, s.r.o., is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We want you to tell you how we use and protect your personal information. This is includes informing you of your rights regarding your personal information that we hold.
This Privacy Notice sets out how we may use, process and store your personal information. We may get that information from you or our partners, through contracts or other legal arrangements you have with us or our partners on behalf of us, in order to deliver contractual/legal obligations. In other cases, we will get that information from you with your permission and consent, or we may receive your personal information from third parties who you have given consent to pass this information on to us.
The Laws and Regulations
The laws that govern personal data in the Czech Republic are:
- The Personal Data Protection Law 101/2000 Sb.
- REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (“GDPR”).
Who is Q4IT s.r.o.?
This is Q4IT’s registered address, company number and contact information:
603 00 Brno
ICO Registration Number: 29304831
VAT Registration Number: CZ29304831
Phone: +420 541 159 597
Q4IT’s Website: http://www.Q4IT.eu
Information we may collect from you
Q4IT may collect information from you because we have a legal reason (allowed by law or under contract) to collect the information, or because you have consented for us to do so for a specific purpose.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
- By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail
- Participating in our member communities
- Applying for a job at Q4IT.
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us, when you are buying goods or services from us, or when you are taking a job at Q4IT.
Information we collect about you
If you visit our website or member communities, we may automatically collect information about you, for example:
- Technical information
- IP addresses
- Information about what type of device you use to connect to our website
- Your URL
- What parts of your website you click on and how long you look at our website.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate, any other services we provide, or from our business partners instructed to collect information on our behalf.
We also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, background checking agencies) and may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
Why does Q4IT collect personal information?
Q4IT collects information for some or all of the following reasons:
- To provide services to you after you have taken one of our educational certifications/qualifications including validation of your certification/qualification by us
- To provide information about products or services you have shown interest in purchasing within a reasonable time afterwards if you are already an existing Q4IT customer
- To provide information to you about products or services you have purchased from us, or related products or services
- To employ you or consider you for employment
- To provide goods or services to you under contract
- For legal reasons, for example, if you have entered into a contract with us
- To provide information to you about our products and services if you have consented to receive them.
What legal basis does Q4IT have for processing my information?
Q4IT may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- We must provide services to you after you have purchased something from us
- We must provide services to you because you have taken one of our qualifications
- To comply with the law.
All of these reasons are reasons Q4IT may legally process the information we have about you.
Who might Q4IT share your information with?
Q4IT may share your personal information with third parties, either because you have consented to allow us to do so or for legal reasons. For example, we may share your personal information with:
- Our examination institute (PeopleCert) to provide pre-examination, examination and post-examination services
- The training organization who provided training to you before you took an examination, for example, if you have a complaint or need assistance from them
- Subcontractors and third parties for the purpose of the performance of a contract that we hold with them or that we hold with you
- With third parties because you have given consent
- With third parties who provide shipping or publishing services because you have purchased goods or services
- On our Successful Candidate Register if you have consented.
Other reasons Q4IT may share your personal information with a third party
If Q4IT Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by Q4IT about its customers will be one of the transferred assets of the company.
In addition, Q4IT will share your personal data with third parties for the following reasons:
- If Q4IT must comply with a legal obligation
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Q4IT Limited, our customers or others
- We will exchange information with other companies or organizations to prevent fraud or to reduce our credit risks.
Aggregated or anonymized data with personal information removed
Q4IT may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized.
This means that your personal information could be used to identify you have been removed from the data. Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data; however, you do keep your right to object.
How long will you keep my personal information?
Q4IT will not retain your personal information for longer than required.
We will keep your personal information:
- For as long as required by law
- Until we no longer have a valid reason for keeping it
- Until you request us to stop using it.
We may keep just enough of your personal information to ensure that we comply with your requests not to use your personal information or comply with your right to erasure. For example, we must keep your request to be erased even if it includes your personal data until such time as you are no longer our customer.
If you have questions about our Data Retention Policy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I chose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and Q4IT, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services or goods if you do not give us your personal information.
Q4IT will respect your legal rights to your data.
Below are the rights that you have under law, and what Q4IT does to protect those rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing and telemarketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “Manage your Marketing Preferences” link in the marketing e-mails we send you and within our Websites.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. The data protection authority in Czech Republic is Úřad pro ochranu osobních údajů, Pplk. Sochora 27, 170 00 Praha 7, uoou.cz.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Links to Other Websites
From time to time, our website may contain links to and from websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for any such notices. Please check these notices, where available, before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
Q4IT may change this notice from time to time in the future. Any such changes will be posted here and, where appropriate, notified to you in writing. We advise you to check back frequently to see any updates or changes.