Course length: 1 day
Dates, places: course details and registration here
Overview: Digital transformation is hot theme for many organisations, but many people cannot explain what it is. Course is targeted to provide simple, powerful message about theory and practical steps. Content is suitable for any managerial position in any organisation.
Course details in PDF
Prerequisites: No pre-requisites, for CIOs recommended course DCMM Masterclass
Target group: Any managerial position, mainly top executives, CIOs, IT managers.
Course learning objectives: Learn participant what digital transformation is and what it is not. Course participants will learn about latest trend in management patterns like collaborative networks, how IT is fundamental strategic assets for any digital transformation effort, how incomplete information is handled, dealing with uncertainty and need for innovations.
Related SFIA V7 skills: GOVN – Enterprise IT Governance, ITSP – Strategic planning, INOV – Innovation.
Recommended next course: for IT managers, recommended follow-up courses are DCMM Manager and DCMM Professional.
- Context changes, term, definitions
- Management patterns – traditional, new
- New thinking streams – CORE econ, Beyond Budgeting, Information theory
- Genesis of IT management – ITSM, Agile, DevOps, DCMM
- Complex system, AI, self-managed systems
- Repositioning IT from a passive role to a capability function
- Innovation ecosystems, collaboration in dynamic networks
- Knowledge work characteristics and performance analysis of a knowledge worker
- Organising for Digital transformation
- Course participants will gain certification about passing the course
- Course is available in classroom or online form or can be customised ie. half-day version.